2021 Swim Team for 2021-06-07
BASIC TEAM REQUIREMENTS:
1. All swimmers must be current members of Eagle Brook Country Club.
2. All swimmers must complete the attached Swim Team Registration.
3. All registration fees must be paid, per swimmer, before the first practice.
4. All swimmers must be able to swim independently in deep water, and according to the chart
below, to be able to be on the team.
5. 8 years and younger will need to be able to swim a minimum of 25 yards freestyle.
6. 9-10 years old will need to be able to swim a minimum of 50 yards in both freestyle and backstroke.
7. 11-Senior will need to be able to swim a minimum of 100 yards in all 4 strokes.
Each swim season offers a variety of events and distances depending upon the age of a swimmer. Age grouping is determined on a swimmers age as of July 1st of that season. The swimmer will stay in that age group for the summer.
Each swimmer can swim various numbers of events at the summer meets. Each hosting team will determine the number of swims a swimmer participates in. Relay participation will depend on the swimmer?s best times and coach?s discretion. The events the children will compete in will be determined by their coach after considering the following:
· A child?s ability and times
· The needs of the team, and the availability of the swimmer to swim certain events.
· The head coach will decide what is in the best interest of the team
In order for every child to get the most out of the team experience, the coaching staff will be evaluating all swimmers, and will place them in one of the three practice groups.
· Silver: For our least experienced swimmers. Refinement of strokes will be worked on while endurance will be perused. Swimmers will closely focus on freestyle with rhythmic breathing, backstroke, racing starts, open and flip turns.
· Gold: For our moderate swimmers. Swimmers will work on refining strokes. Swimmers in this group will practice legal execution of freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke. Swimmers will also practice their starts and turns as well as gain an introduction to butterfly.
· Elite: This practice group will further a swimmers skill mastery of all four competitive strokes, starts, and turns. There will be a strong focus on endurance training. In order to be in this practice group a swimmer must be able to independently swim a minimum of 3000 yards a day.
Please do not approach the coach for discussion during practice or at a swim meet. The coach will meet with any parent after the scheduled practices, or prior to/after the swim meet to address individual questions or concerns before our first practice.
Group placement: In order to have the most effective practices before our first meet, all swimmers will be tested and evaluated. Please have your child attend one of the following ?test? dates before our first practice.
June 7th from 8:00am to 9:15am
or June 9th from 8:00am to 9:15am
Regular Practices will begin Monday June 14th from 8:00am to 9:15am
The team will practice Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:00 am-9:15 am, weather permitting. In the event of cold weather we will make a decision by 7:30am regarding canceling practice. All practices will be canceled in the event of inclement weather.
A swimmer may be assigned to another group at the discretion of the coach. Parents will be notified in this instance.
All swimmers are required to attend a minimum of two practices per week in order to participate in swim meets, unless a valid written excuse from a parent or physician is provided. Practicing more often will yield higher results in the long run
All team members will need to purchase the team swimsuit, a swim cap and will need to have a set of goggles. Female suits are $50.00 and Male suits are $40.00. We do however; recommend the following items to benefit the swimmers practices and overall performance:
· Practice Suits ?This will keep your team suit in better shape for the meets.
· Goggles ? competitive swimming goggles should be worn by the swimmers during practice and at competition.
· Cap ? A team cap will need to be purchased for $10.00.
· Team T-Shirts ? 2 Team T-Shirts will need to be purchased for $15.00 each.